Reblog this for the chance to win a 1 year membership to suicidegirls!
*must be following us!
*must be 18+
As conflict in the Middle East continues, we’ve put together a list of books that offer information on the region’s past and present.
- Gaza: A History by Jean-Piere Filiu
- Six Days of War by Michael B. Oren
- Bridges Across an Impossible Divide: The Inner Lives of Arab and Jewish Peacemakers by Marc Gopin
- Moynihan’s Movement: America’s Fight Against Zionism as Racism by Gil Troy
- Scars of War, Wounds of Peace: The Arab-Israeli Tragedy by Shlomo Ben-Ami
- Yasir Arafat: A Political Biography by Barry Rubin and Judith Colp Rubin
- The Global Offensive: The United States, the Palestine Liberation Organization, and the Making of the Post-Cold War Order by Paul Thomas Chamberlin
- Islamic History: A Very Short Introduction by Adam Silverstein
- The Palestinian-Israeli Conflict: A Very Short Introduction by Martin Bunton
- The Arab Uprisings: What Everyone Needs to Know by James L. Gelvin
Cinquedea Short Sword
- Dated: first quarter of the 16th Century
- Place of Origin: North Italy
- Measurements: overall length 54.4 cm
The cinquedea has a short, triangular, double-edged blade, with four grooves at the base - three at the centre and two toward the tip. The first two segments of the blade are finely engraved and gilt with effigy of knight on horseback under arches and between floral motifs, on both sides. The typical quillon with the arms bent toward the bottom and a small tip at the quillon-block is engraved and gilt with floral motifs.
The sword has a curved pommel engraved with floral motifs, the gilt bands feature inscriptions "AVXILIVM A SUPER" on a side, and "PRAEBENT VICTORIA" on the other. The bone grip has scales decorated with four filigree rosettes. A similar example can be seen in “Waffen im Schweizerischen Landesmuseum Griffwaffen I” by Hugo Schneider (page 56, N. 74).